Saturday, February 22, 2020

02/22/2020 Saturday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was an extremely busy day out here. Marilyn  did the hike in with some guests and said she'd do the report of the seals they saw.
We met in the NARS as I was coming in with the field trip group. She mentioned that a seal had hauled out on the Runway as they were leaving but she wasn't able to get the ID. I was lucky to get the ID in one shot thanks to those 2 scars on the top of RN58 Luana's head.
We got to see the other seals she saw, albatrosses, whales, spinners and The TRIO Snow Geese. 

In the afternoon I got a call from one of our neighbors about a small seal on the beach down the road, I went down to check and found little RL98 Lina" !!! It's amazing how that little one goes from one side to the other for a day. This morning It crossed my mind where will she show up today, it has been a daily "game".   More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ

 

No comments: