Tuesday, February 4, 2020

02/04/2020 Tuesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

A perfect Whale Watching Day but they didn't get the memo and didn't show up around here till late afternoon
On my way to the point I checked all HMSeal favorite nooks but no one was around, although I did see The TRIO Snow Geese
I did the Opihi trail and arrived at the Runway just on time to see a seal haul out on it barking away. I was sure I'd see a second one but didn't. The seal was easy to ID because of his NB on the right side RW22 Kolohe .
Later at the point a seal showed up in the outer pool it swam around the channel to the outside then came back and hauled out on the outer reef it was RW22 Kolohe. The raising tide must have washed him off the Runway.

A surprise on my way back was to find little RL98 Lina hauled out on a beach further to this side.
At sunset I went back to check on her and she was no longer there.    More soon ðŸŒº

No comments: