Saturday, February 8, 2020

02/08/2020 (part 3) Lesley's Ka'ena FRIDAY Update

This is yesterday's 20200207 (Friday) report - I had to go to town and came back very late... 

An early start to do road assessment after all the rain we've had around here.
The TRIO Snow Geese were waddling up the road playing in puddles.
At the point from far I saw 3 seals in the Main Pool. I was sidetracked to go talk to a group with the same T-Shirts on. Turns out it was "Sammy" doing the walk around the island for Muscle Dystrophy Awareness OSM. Later in the day we saw them again past Camp Mokulei'a and stopped to talk story as they rested. Today they hiked from Makaha and were going to spend the night in Waialua across from the Fire Station.
If you have a chance check him out on Instagram OSMDHAWAII , Sammy OSMD Hawaii

Back to the seals, when I got down to Main Beach RW02 PVKauai was hauled out on some rocks sleeping.
In the outer pool 2 seals were splashing around. One entered the Main Pool it was R330 Squinty IDed by his opaque eye, scars on right neck/face and the NB on his chest. 
The other stayed in the outer pool doing the hippo it was RN58 Luana IDed by the parallel scars on her head than later by her tags.

I checked quickly on some Albatrosses before heading out because I was on a thigh schedule.
When  I made it home I saw a seal down @ CEPt so I went down and ID R303 BG 


No comments: