Wednesday, January 4, 2017

1/4/2017 DB's Dailies: Kea,RM38,A/M,2 J/M@Rabbit Island, Pohaku&Benny@Secrets, RL42&Squinty@Ka'ena Point, Ka'ena@Hidden Beach,

When I arrived at the pier at 0805 I found what would prove to be Kea (RN46) and RM38 up in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. Basically, right where they were yesterday. RM38 would move down to the far left end of the beach for the day, while Kea moved down to join an A/M fronting 1BS. Sadly, the animal never gave me anything to work on in terms of ID. An adult male, with a new coat is the best I can do.

 They in turn would be joined at 1042 by a juvenile, unknown. Again, I could not get a sex nor could I ID the animal except to say that it was a juvenile sized animal with a new coat and 2 red tags.

 I had yet another unknown up in the grass, behind Seal Rock Inlet. This also was a juvenile male, with 2 red tags, however in this case I know the unknown. He is the same little guy that has been around for a while now.

 The 3 1BS animals got in the water at the same time that a front came through, bringing rain and poor visibility to the pier.

 At 0638 Team Billand found Pohaku (RO28) & Benny (RE74) together again, at Secrets.

 Tammy T., trekked to the End of the World today. At 0757 she reported RL42 on the back beach, and then at 0820 found Squinty (R330) at the main pool. On her way out she found Ka’ena (RO40) at Hidden Beach.


 Kea, J/U and A/M 
 RM38, Kea and AM
 RM38
Ka'ena
 RL42
 Squinty
Benny and Pohaku
 Benny pretty happy with himself
 Pohaku
 whales

No comments: