Sunday, January 29, 2017

1/29/2017 DB's Dailies: Kea,Kainoa,Buster&J/M@Rabbit Island, Benny@Secrets, Pohaku@Lahi Lahi, RK36@Makaha, Kolohe&Kekoa@Maili Pt, Ka'ena,R3CU&Squinty@Ka'ena Point,

At 0740 I arrived at Makai Pier to find Kea (RN46) right of the 1BS on Rabbit Island, and what would prove to be the small J/M up in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet.

 At 0818 Kainoa (RN04) & Buster (RV08) hauled out at 1BS and moved up to join Kea. The RI cast would remain all day. 

I’d been checking Kaupo Beach Park all day long, and never saw anyone. When I looked that way at 1530 I saw an HMMA person there putting up signs. I’d had no clue anything was going one. When I got down there at 1539 I met Leilani, and found Kawena (RH36) amongst the rocks where she was totally invisible to be from the pier.

 At 0600 Team Billand found Benny (RE74) up in the Naupaka at Secrets. They also found a full bottle of Tradewinds Pineapple Wine at his hind flippers. I’ve known Benny a very long time and I know that he would never touch anything but the finest Cabernet Sauvignon. He has a nose for such things. Pineapple Wine...I don’t think so. Whoever left that at his hind flippers is way further down on the food chain that Benny. hmmm wasn't it Benny we caught reading a girly magazine a few years back?

 At 0723 the Billands reported Pohaku (R028) at Lahi Lahi.

 On their 1223 check she was gone. At 1220 Team Billand reported RK36 at Makaha.

 At 1131 the Billands found Kolohe (RW22) & Kekoa (RK72) at Maili Point.

 At 1451 Lesley called to advise that she and Diane had trekked to the End of the World. Lesley reported R3CU on the back beach, and Ka’ena (R040)&Squinty(R330) at the main beach, at Ka’ena Point.

 Colleen Heyer made my whole day when she sent an Outrigger Canoe Club article which highlighted her tenure as a Monk Seal Volunteer for many a year, and her relationship with RockY(RH58) & Kaiwi (RK96). Colleen and I have been pals since our meeting many an eon ago, when Ewa Girl (RS00) showed up on the beach behind her house. Since then she has been a vital part of my life. Is the photo of Rocky on Colleen's lawn around anywhere?  It would be nice to take a look again.  

** SORRY - I couldn't get the PDF file on Colleen to load. If someone can turn it into a JPG file I can load it.

 Kainoa, Kea and Buster 
 Kawena
Benny
 don't knock it until you try it LOL
 Pohaku
 Kolohe and Kekoa
 Kolohe
 RK36

No comments: