Tuesday, January 3, 2017

1/3/2017 DB's Dailies: Kolohe,Kea,RM38,RIP,Kekoa&J/M@Rabbit Island, Benny@Secrets, Lei Ola@Makua Cliffs, RL42&Squinty@Ka'ena Point, Right Spot & Nani@Moku Nui, Kerby@Maili Pt

It was another six critter day at Rabbit Island. When I arrived at Makai Pier at 0740 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22) on the beach, 20 ft right of 1BS.

 Also at 0740,up in the morning Glory to the left of 1BS I found what would prove to be Kea. Though I didn’t realize it at the time, there was another animal up there with Kea. At 0910 the animal came into view from behind the dune, and when he hauled down at 1133 I saw that it was RM38.

 Kolohe’s snooze was interrupted at 0953 by a gang of 3. They hauled out and joined Kolohe. They would prove to be RIP (RR70), Kekoa (RK72) & the small J/M. All 6 cast members would remain all day. 

A brief word in the Yesterday’s News department. I got Dana mail this morning, forwarding an email stating that while sitting on the beach, just to the Makapuu side of the pier, the person had seen a small animal with 2 red tags, and something written on it’s side. Independent of that, COSTCO posse member Momi told be today that her daughter had been at the same location yesterday and she too had told Momi the same tale. 

These sighting have all he credibility in the world because during yesterdays bout with the swimming seals, of which I saw and documented 2, my fisherman posse member , Bonzo kept telling me there was a small one in the above stated location, but I could never see it. I’d say the chances are excellent they Kawena (RH36) can be added to yesterday’s Makai Pier swimmers.

 At 0630 Team Billand found Benny (RE74) at Secrets once again.

 At 1000 the Billands found Lei Ola (RH48) at Makua Cliffs.

 Barbara would trek to the End of the World , and found RL42 & Squinty (R330) on the back beach, Ka’ena Point.

 The Billands reported Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point at 1543.


 Kea, RM38, JM, Kekoa, Kolohe and Rip 

 RM38 and Kea
 Kea
 Kolohe, Rip, Kekoa, and JM
Right Spot and Nani
Benny
 Lei Ola
Kerby
 Squinty and RL42
 Squinty

No comments: