Saturday, January 14, 2017

1/14/2017 DB's Dailies: Kainoa,Kolohe,Buster,Kea@Rabbit Island, Kawena@Kaupo Beach Park, Right Spot@Irma's

On my first Kaupo Beach Park check I saw Kawena (RH36) just off shore . She was scared off my yelling beach goers, and I lost her. She would haul out at 1000 at KBP. Gayle, Gina & other HMMA were on it for the day.

 At 0746 I found what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) in the Morning Glory, left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. He may well have been the larger of the 2 J/Ms this week, but today I could actually see his LFF scar, as well as a chest scar, allowing an ID.

 Also at 0746 I found a partially visible animal behind the water front rocks at Rocky Right Beach, on RI. It was Kolohe’s exact location yesterday, and sure enough he finally moved enough to show me his right side NB, confirming the Kolohe (RW22) ID.

 After being absent yesterday, I found a 60% molted Buster (RV08), 80 ft right of 3BS, on RI. A swim definitely sped up the molting process.

 At 1114 Kea (RN46) hauled out to join Kainoa. They would do a swim/play session. Kea hauled out alone at 1236.

 A lifeguard posse member called at 1043 to advise of an animal at Irma’s. I informed the Hotline. When I got over there at 1300, Sara from HMMA was there with Right Spot (R016).

 Diane & Lesley did the End of the World trek today. They reported RW02, Squinty (R330)& R3CU At the main pool.

 Evening mail from Stacey Stella brought word, and shots of the Stella’s trek to Turtle Bay. They found Holokai (RG40) at Kuilima Beach. Nice to see this long lost name back in the dailies :-)

 Buster
Kainoa, Kea
 Kea
 Kolohe
Holokai
 Kawena
 such a little sweetie
 Right Spot at Irmas
 I have to say... I miss Irma... and Kermit

No comments: