Saturday, January 21, 2017

1/21/2017 DB's Dailies: Buster,Kainoa&U/U@Rabbit Island, RW032,R3CU,Aukai&Luana@Ka'ena Point, Kolohe,Kerby,Kekoa&RK36@Maili Pt.

The one consistently reoccurring word I heard (and spoke) today was “miserable”. It was the perfect seal day, but the posse, not so much!

 In the pre dawn hours, Marilyn, Lesley& Diane decided that Ka’ena Point was probably a bad idea. When a Tammy T text came in at 0905 she confirmed that the End of the World was not the place to be. Yep,

Tammy made the trek from the north side and like l said, miserable was the operative word. Being the trooper, and awesome posse person that she is, she began to work on the ID info. She would ultimately report RW02 on the back beach,and R3CU,Aukai(RL12)&Luana (RN58)at the main pool. They would later be joined by Ka’ena (RO40).

 Marilyn did a pass through the SE quadrant this morning, being the highly paid posse person that she is, but alas was skunked!

 From my vantage point at Makai Pier I was keeping an eye on Kaupo Beach Park and , of course , Rabbit Island. Nobody ever showed at KPB today.

 At RI observations were made difficult by reoccurring rain episodes, and of course crankin’ winds ! Just as the first of many squall hit at 0800, I saw Buster haul (RV08) fronting 2BS. I saw his patch of old coat just as I lost sight of him in the white out. I will stick with the 90% molted figure. 20 minutes later, after the squall had cleared I saw that Buster had moved up and behind the Naupaka at 2BS. 

Also at 0800 I found just a smidgeon of the back end of an U/U in the grass, behind Seal Rock Inlet. New coat is about all I can say about that. The animal never moved and I have no clue who it was.

 I did many a pan of the RI beach, but never saw another critter until suddenly at 1156 there was an animal , partially visible fronting 3BS. It had been there all along , hidden in the grass. It would take nearly an hours , but it would prove to be Kainoa (RN04), based on his pit scar at the LFF joint.

 Team Billand checked in at 1050. They’d been out and around since dark, but their only finds for the day would be Kolohe (RW22), Kerby (RW08) & Kekoa (RK72) at Maili Point. They would be joined at 1319 by RK36. In the

Yesterday’s News department, I found Jason O’Rourke photos awaiting me this morning. He had been out & around yesterday on a circle island tour mission and got shots of Holokai,l RI37& Right Spot. Of particular interest to me was his shot of Buster at Rabbit Island. I know how impossible it is to get all the stars to aline and get a crisp , clean shot from 8/10ths of a mile away. Ya’ Done Good Jason.


 Holokai 
 Ipo RI37
 Right Spot
Ka'ena
 R3CU 
 Luana, & R3CU 
 Luana, R3CU and Aukai
 Gotta Eat
 Rainbow at Ka'ena Point
 RW02
Kerby, RK36, Kolohe, & Kekoa
 Kerby
 Kolohe
 RK36
 Kekoa

No comments: