Tuesday, January 24, 2017

1/24/2017 DB;s Dailies: Right Spot@Kaupo Beach Park, Buster@Sandy Beach, RIP&J/M@Rabbit Island, Kolohe@Maili Pt, R7GM,Aukai,R3CU&BG@Ka'ena Point,

The first order of business was to stop by Kaupo Beach Park to see if any of my friends were there. Lo & Behold at 0730 I found Right Spot (R016), lolling in the shallows. The Hotline was notified. 

Gayle called shortly thereafter, responding to my text to her about Right Spot, asking if I saw a large chunk of cargo net, at the end of the finger of rocks that form the left side of the main tide pool at KBP (she had noticed it yesterday). I did find it and I, Gayle & Diane all called DOCARE reporting said net. Later in the day my pal DOCARE Officer Woody stopped by the pier and I gave him specifics on where the net was located. He responded to assess the situation. In the end however, the actual removal of the net was by a couple of the Kaupo BP hardcores. Thanks guys...Ya’ Done Good !!& Thank You, Gayle !!

 While still at KBP I got a call from beach walker posse member Carla at 0809, reporting an animal snuggled into the Naupaka at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0814 I found Buster (RV08). The Hotline was notified.

 When I finally got a chance to look at Rabbit Island, from Makai Pier, I found what would prove to be, RIP (RR70) and the small J/M up in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet on RI. Yet another Ooooops is required here. The large animal is the same critter from yesterday, that I mistakenly ID’d as Mojo. I have no excuse sir, except to say that they are brothers, and they look just like their Mom (Irma), and it IS 8/10ths of a mile after all, in windy, crappy conditions. This made me laugh ..... that's the story and we're sticking to it!   DB, I love that you will correct yourself, because the rest of us wouldn't know the difference.... and not only do you correct the information but you add some history and humor!!!

 At 0810 Team Billand reported what they believed to be Kolohe (RW22) foraging off Nanakai Beach. The ID was confirmed when Kolohe hauled out to Maili Point at 0902.

 Barbara checked in again from the End of the World , at 1145 with the report of new girl R7GM, Aukai (RL12) & R3CU at Ka’ena Point. A bit later, at 1255 she reported BG (R303) at a separate location at KP.


 Rip and JM
 Buster
 Cargo net... shame 
 Good guys removing the net... oh yea and there's Gayle !!  Hi Gayle!
 Right Spot
Kolohe - love this pic
 New girl at the point R7GM
Aukai
 R3CU
BG

No comments: