Friday, June 3, 2016

6/3/2016 DB's Dailies: Right Spot@Sandy Beach, Sadie&Pup,Kea,Kekoa,RG32&RM38@Rabbit Island, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout,

The day began dark and early with a 0516 check of Sandy Beach. Sure enough , as I suspected, Right Spot (R016) had overnighted. I redid the SAA, and continued the adventure. When I return at 0640 Right Spot was gone. There was no evidence of anything other than leaving of her own volition. HMMA Hotline advised. I got no Right Spot shots so if you need a Right Spot fix , scroll back to yesterday, and imagine her a few hours older. Sorry.

 At 0708 on my first look at Rabbit Island I found what would prove to be Kea (RN46) up in the high grass, right of 3BS. When I got back at 0855 he had been joined by Kekoa (RK72).

 Also at 0855 I found Sadie & Pup (D#37) newly hauled out, 40 ft left of 1BS. I got a couple of belly shots today, since the ventral side has lightened up considerably. I still can’t commit. Maybe tomorrow.

 At 1043 RG32 hauled out to Right Middle Cliff on RI. He would be joined by Kekoa at 1205.

 At 1332 RM38 arrived, hauling out to join RG32 & Kekoa. He and Kekoa had words and both would enter the water giving RG32 a little peace and quiet.

 At 1400 I found Kolohe (RW22) once again at Lanai Lookout Flats.

 I received no reports from any other sources today.

 I spoke with Robert Billand late today, to check on Barbara’s status. She had gone into the shop today for gall stones, but is now home, post surgery fine, and sleeping like a baby. Sounds good to me.

 Kea
 Kolohe 
 RG32 and Kekoa
 DB... what was happening here?
 Sadie and Pup 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In answer to Donna's red letter question about the vehicle pictured in the blog. This is the HURL (Hawaii Undersea Research Lab), LRT (Launch&Recovery Transport). A sub is mounted to the platform and the entire thing is sunk to launch or recover the sub. The guys were just out practicing. DB