Tuesday, June 28, 2016

6/2/2016 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi&PO4@AD, Kekoa,Kala&Aukai@Rabbit Island, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout, Nihoa&PO3@Mokuleia

At 0530 Kaiwi&PO4 (D#13) were in their tide pool. They would haul out and move up for a snooze and a feed, during my early morning session. In talks with Karen R., it sounds like they did a water session and then hauled out to the rocks at would have been the west end of the fence line, had not Jon move the west end yesterday. As it worked out they were well away from the west end, and that is where they were when I got back for the 1-4, snoozin’ and feedin’ again .

 When I go to Makai Pier for my Rabbit Island fix, I found Aukai (RL12) left of 1BS, and Kekoa (RK72, right of 3BS. He would enter the water and haul out to the left rock flats at 0903. He galumphed across the flats and lo and behold Kala (RH76) appeared out of a tide pool in his path. I’d had no idea she was there until Kekoa found her for me. Kekoa would depart the flats and at 1017 hauled out to join Aukai, left of 1BS.

 At 1120 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22) once again on the Lanai Lookout Flats.

 Team Billand called at 0800 with the report of Nihoa (R912)&PO3 at Mokuleia.

Kala and Kekoa 
 Kekoa and Aukai
 
 Kolohe
Kaiwi and PO4 the zone
Nihoa and PO3
 Here's the belly shot.... and changing fur color
 So it seems we have a little boy..... That would be my guess

No comments: