Tuesday, June 14, 2016

6/14/2016 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi@AD, U/M&Kala@Rabbit Island, Right Spot@Sandy Beach, Benny@Keaau's, Pohaku@Kauai

Once again it was the same 0530 routine. Marilyn off to AD, and I off to Sandy Beach. I found Right Spot (R016) waiting for me at the east end of Sandy Beach. Gayle reported her departure at 0955. Marilyn found Kaiwi (RK96) up at the Naupaka line at the back of the beach, approximately 1000 ft east of the AD Wall. She has always had a thing for Naupaka. Just as Marilyn arrived Kaiwi moved down a few body length, and after a long leisure trip down to the water line, finally entering the water at 0800, and hauling out again near the party tree at 0910. Mahalos to Marilyn, Jon, Cate, Gayle, Karen R., Gina&Katie for a long, hot day.

 At 0932 I found the same U/M at 3BS on Rabbit Island. Once again he never showed me any markers.

 At 0950 on a pan I found a newly arrived Weaner just left of 1BS. Junk viewing condition made fine observations impossible. I was happy to get email from my Senseis, Tracy & Thea who are also going with female for the Weaner. Based on that I’m going with Kala (Princess) as a name. If I’m wrong a little revisionist history will take care of it. It would not be my first Ooops.

 For me the highlight of the day came with a 1700 from Team Billand, with news of Benny (RE74) at Keaau’s on the west side. I’ve been concerned about that boy. His last reported sighting came on 5-15-15.

 Evening ValMail brought the latest Pohaku (RO28), Kauai update. Still Waitin’

 Kaiwi...  you know it's a lot more comfortable on Rabbit Island
 Right Spot at Sandy's... wonder if she's given up her spot at Turtle Bay 
 Weaner ... female would be nice... let's see when they tag her
Benny
 Pohaku
 RK05 male in hot pursuit of Pohaku

No comments: