Thursday, December 11, 2014

12/11/2014 DB's Dailies: RM38&U/U@RI, Buster@SB, Benny@WP

At 0717, on my first look at Rabbit Island I found what would prove to be RM38 tucked into the base of the cliff at the left end of the island, and a Jet Ski on the beach, right of 2BS. Of course I reported it to Docare. Docare officer Ken called to say that the owner of the Jet Ski had called to say that it had broken down late yesterday. It was going to be moved off the island this afternoon. It was still there at that the end of my RI day. When I got back for another RI check at 1354 I found what would prove to be an U/U at the Morning Glory line, fronting 3BS. I was unable to make an ID due to lack of movement.

 On my umpteenth Sandy Beach check, at 1123 I found Buster (RV08) on the water front rocks, at the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach. I cordoned him off and he has remained all day. Buster remained at dark. Gayle picked up the stuff and we called it a day .

 Despite a whole a lotta’ miles, and a whole lotta’ lookin’, D#59 was our first “I No Kea” day in the SE quadrant. Much Mahalos to Gayle & Melanie.

At 0640 Team Billand checked in with the report of an overnighted Benny (RE74) fronting Tower#2, White Plains. They checked in again at 1729 to advise that Benny had departed. Having overnighted for the 3 day...2 night package, he was probably gettin’ a little hungry.

 A call from Tracy brought news that Makaiwi (R4DF) was on Maui today. No doubt on her way back to Kona.

 In the waaay before Yesterday’s News department, a new posse member, Charles, whom I met with Buster this morning , sent me photos of Irma at Sandy Beach, circa 2009, and a neat underwater shot at Hanauma Bay taken around 11-2011 showing a 3 month old Kaiwi (with transmitter) and an U/U. Thank You Charles.
Buster

 In days gone by (2009) Irma sporting her N3 bleach mark 
 This photo of Kaiwi and U/U goes down as one of my ALL TIME favorite pics... AMAZING... I love how she's holding on to the chain.... 
 Benny at white plains
 well if you ask me looks like Benny is flipping someone off 
 no pun intended :-)

No comments: