Thursday, December 25, 2014

12/25/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@SB, RM38,Aukai,Kainoa, Buster&UF@RI, Benny&RIP@WP, Duke@Molokai

Merry Christmas to All !!!! I hope the Santa Seal was good to you !!

 At 0700 the first Christmas Seal appeared. I found Kea (RN46) tucked into his favorite Naupaka at the Sandy Beach outfall. I cordoned him off and he has remained the day, moving down, mid day. When I arrived at SB at 1809 Kea was gone. Witnesses said he had departed 15 minutes prior to my arrival.

 At 0828 I found what would prove to be RM38 and an U/F in the Morning Glory ,50 ft right of 1BS. I was never able to get a confirmed ID on the female.

 At 0920 Aukai (RL12) hauled out and moved up to join the other two. All would later move down.

 On a pan at 1130 I found Kainoa (RN04) just hauling out at Seal Rock Inlet on RI.

 At 1214 Buster (RV08) hauled out, 50 ft right of 1BS, and proceeded directly to the U/F. The interaction was brief. Both went to snooze mode in just a few minutes.

 Team Billand found the Benny (RE74) at the White Plains fence line at 0827.

 At 1515 they reported the arrival of RIP (RR70) fronting #1707, WP. RIP departed at 1758. Benny remains.

 My favorite Molokaian, Diane Pike, called at 1435 to advise that she was in the company of Duke (RA12), along with 3 others. The boy had disappeared from Rabbit Island on 12-17-14. I thought he might have returned to those hot, young, Molokai chicks after his molt, and apparently that is the case.

 The Billands are workin’ late with Benny . Check the blog in the morning for their day.

 Aukai RM38 and UF
 Buster and UF 
 Kainoa 
Kea at Sandys
 looks like Kea snuck away from the crowds

No comments: