Tuesday, July 23, 2013

7-23-2013 DB;s Dailies: Irma&Pup(D#19)@AD, Kaiwi@SC&BF, Buster@SB, Kolohe&Aukai@RI, Rocky@Kaimana, R912,RL42,Ka'ena&Benny@KP,RIP@KCG

At 0600 we found Irma & Pup (D#19) already in their tide pool. They hauled out to the west side rock flats at 0650, and from 0653 to 0720 did a feed, with snooze time to follow. They started another feed at 0936 and was still at it when I departed for another call at 0956. The log showed that they did a swim, straight out about 150 ft of shore, then returning to their starting location. There was one other water session, and 5 more feeds.
At 0759 Gayle called to report Kaiwi (RK96) doing 6 min dives at Spitting Cave.
At 0956 Ocean Safety reported an animal at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1002 Buster (RV08) was just beginning to haul out. I got his fans back, and cordoned him off. He has remained the rest of the day. Buster would finally depart at 1923.
At 1330 I found Kaiwi (RK96) now at Buster Flats , Lanai Lookout.
At 1400 I found Kolohe (RW22) at Seal Rock Inlet, and Aukai (RL12) at Rocky Right Beach on Rabbit Island.
A conversation with Dera at 0630 brought news of an animal at Kaimana Beach in Waikiki. Dana called at 0759 to confirm the Rocky (RH58) ID. Rocky would depart at 1017.
Barbara & Diane did the Ka’ena Point trek today. At 0727 Barbara reported RL42, along with Mama R912, along with Benny (RE74) all at the 20 min in mark on the Waianae side KP trail. They reported Ka’ena (RO40) to the Mokuleia side of KP at 0918.
While they were doing that hubby Robert called at 0904 with the report of RIP (RR70) at the Fire Surf School, Kalaeloa Campgrounds.

Barbara’s sister saw an U/U swimming through at Paradise Cove. The adoring hordes would not allow a haul out.

Irma's gone down a dress size or two
 R912,RL42 and Benny
 Surprise Surprise Benny making a go for R912
 poor RL42... stuck in the corner
 Little girl with dark circles around her eyes
 Ka'ena - nice shot...

1 comment:

Victoria Sgro Konopka said...

Nick and I took care of Rocky. To many people so close to her when we got there. But HPD blocked her off but she moved after they left. She only stayed an hour and headed towards Diamond Head.