Friday, July 5, 2013

7-5-2013 DB's Dailies: Kainoa@RI, Kolohe&Buster@SC, Irma&Pup (D#1)@AD

We arrived at AD’s at 0600 to find Irma (R010) and pup right where we’d left them last night. At 0737 with Irma in the lead they moved down to the nearby tide pool, and barely got wet. There was no swimming activity. At 0754 Irma lead the way back up to just above the tide line. They did a feed and then went to snooze mode. I would later observe another feed on my shift. I had more of an opportunity to observe the pup and noted that in addition to the natural bleaches on it’s L&R fore flippers, there is another in the right fore flipper pit, and yet another on the ventral surface of the right hind flipper.
 
Gayle called at 0740 with the report of Kolohe (RW22) doing 8 minute dives at Spitting Cave.
 
At 1017 I found Kainoa (RN04) fronting Left Greenery, on Rabbit Island.
 

Jack (at the Bay) called at 1148 to advise that they had a swimming U/U cruise through the shallows moving east to west and then departing. At 1232 Jack called again to advise that one of the tourists had said that he had seen an "N21" on the side. I checked all the know Buster hangouts, and found nobody. I also noted that Kolohe was no longer at SC, so I can’t rule him out as the HB animal either. I got no Buster calls. Welllllll.... he wasn’t there when I was there, but Kimo called at 1540 to report Buster (RV08) at Spitting Cave. *** see bottom for pictures from Kimo of Buster !

Sometimes there aren't words to describe you have to just enjoy the pictures.... and I suspect there will be lots and lots of the next few weeks. We love our pup pictures!!! 
Buster N21

No comments: