Monday, July 22, 2013

7-22-2013 DB's Dailies:

On arrival at the pup site at AD’s, at 0600 we found Irma &Pup (D#18) already in the water, cruisin’ in the tide pool fronting the now middle fence. They would haul out to the rock flats just east of the pool at 0655, and did a feed from 0658 until 0728. After that it was snooze time until Tony and I were relieved by Vikki.The log shows two additional feeds and an afternoon 1 1/2 hr swim session, hauling out back at their starting point. The animals seemed to be totally unaffected by showers, lightning and thunder.
 
Ocean Safety called at 0950 with word of an animal just hauling out to Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0955 I found Buster (RV08) at the east end of SB. I cordoned him off and he has remained the rest of the day. Buster finally left at 1910.
 
When I got to Makai Pier at 1114 I found Kolohe (RW22) at the left end of the beach on Rabbit Island. I thought my U/U from yesterday was probably Kolohe but I just couldn’t prove it.
 
At 1159 Gayle reported Kaiwi (RK96) at Buster Flats, along with assorted idiots.
 
At 1238 Cianna called with the report of an animal at the Makaha Surfside Condos. The animal was just departing as the Billands arrived. No ID was possible.
 

Also at 1238 Cianna advised that Eileen had called from the Reef Runway with the report of Kekoa (RK72).

Irma and little blabber
 
 lunchtime
 nap time 
 back to yapping
 Buster
 Kaiwi with some as DB said "idiots"
 Kolohe back on Rabbit Island

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I did the Windward side and TBR yesturday and was skunked. Very wet out there. Found some trails on Elbow Beach & hotel signs up on main beach (Blue Trail side) but no seal trails there.
Aloha, Lesley