Monday, October 18, 2010

Late count entry -from the most unusual loction.

Oh my goodness....I called my island coordinator yesterday to inform her that no seals we observed in my zone. :'( Right after I hung up the phone team Bloy observed a small u/u swimming off shore. We hid behind some trees and watched a tiny Hawaiian Monk seal haul out right before our eyes. No markings or tags. This little guy has come a long way and it brought a tear to my eye to observe a seal on Seal Count Day.
I have attached a photo....I know you're all thinking its Monk, but Monk is on Molokai and has tags!! It's a monk seal miracle.
Don't worry I'll take good care of this little one.
Aloha from Nebraska,
(thank you Val, we miss you and ron.... glad you have a little critter to keep you tied in... Amazing how much this little one resemble monk... perhaps its monks little sibling mink... or bonk. all our best from the bloggers)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

HEY NEBRASKA, WE MISS YOU!! You are in our thoughts, we feel your spirit, always. You are forever imbedded in our souls...of course you knew that. Keep in touch kid.