Friday, October 8, 2010

10/8/2010 DB Dailes

My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0940 I found Duke, 80 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. He would remain there the rest of the day. His D#11 molt is 50 %.

At 1240 I found Kolohe on the water front rocks, 50 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet (SRI) at the right end of the beach. He too, would remain there the rest of the day.

Team Billand was goin' nuts in the SW/W quadrants. At 0658 they reported Irma at White Plains. Responding to a call about 3 seals now at White Plains, the Billand found Benny , now along side Irma at 1137, and down the beach a bit fronting #1943 they found Ewa Girl at 1150.

At 0918 they found RI37 in Maili, and lastly at 1445 , responding to a call for Iroquois Point, they confirmed Rocky at 1522.

The Billands were busy at Queen's with their female pup, so the shots from today will be late. Please check da' blog in the morning for today's Billand adventure.

Unfortunately I don't have an update from Team Billand at this time.... as soon as something comes in I will post it. ~da blog lady~

0h DB.... any thoughts on where our little sam-man is?  I know this is the life of a weaner and last time he popped up playing with Maka'iwi... but just wondering about your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like any parent, I'm always worried about the kids, especially adventuring Weaners like Sam. This is the most dangerous time in a Monk Seal's life. Sam has already established that he is likely to go exploring, so I'm just waitin'&hopin'. As for where he might be going ???????? DB