Saturday, October 9, 2010

10/9/2010 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island, from the Makapuu Overview I found what would later prove to be Duke at the right end of Middle Cliff. He would later move down to cool off, and remained there the rest of the day. His D#12 molt is 60%. I'm sorry to say that his oh so convenient N18 bleach is no more. I need some "Bleach Boys" real bad !!

When I got down to Makai Pier at 0655 I found a partially visible lump behind the dune and Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. Finally, at 1157 the critter began to move down, to cool off, and I was stoked to see that it was Sam !

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0930, I found a gang of 3 at the right end of the beach to the left of Seal Rock Inlet. They would prove to be Buster, Sadie and Kolohe. There was barely any interaction at all.

Team Billand called at 0840 to report Irma at White Plains. That was the one and only call I had from anybody today. It sounded like the usual White Plains, weekend experience. Mostly good folks , but as always there just has to been the usual complement of dummies , without a clue.

An 1836 email from Diane Gabriel brought news that Turtle Bay was the happening place today. She reported Lona mid way between the hotel and Keiki Pond (Right Spot's spot), and a newly molting R5AY once again at the Keiki Pond. She looks like D#1 is 1 to 2 %.Ua Malie was at her favorite spot at Fishermen's Point.
Irma
 Sadie Buster and Kolohe
 SAM I AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Sam showed up!