Friday, October 22, 2010

10/22/2010 DB Dailies

It was a relatively routine day in the SE quadrant, but I'm plum tuckered out following the adventures of Team Billand in the SW quadrant, and all I had to do was answer the phone and write down each chapter of the saga.


I found Kolohe at 0640 just hauling out to Rabbit Island. He moved up and into the grass at SRI. He would later move down to cool off, and remained there , just above the rising tide line, all day.

When I got to Makai Pier at 0709 I found Duke at the left end of the Middle Cliff (LMC). He too would move down to cool off, and then back up ahead of the rising tide. He remained all day.


On my 0730 Spitting Cave check, I found Buster for the 4th consecutive day. I saw only one "up" from a 12

minute dive. Though I remained for another hour, I never saw him again.


Team Billand found Irma at White Plains at 0615. She would depart at 1006.

At 0720 the found Rocky at Iroquois Point. She remained there all day.

At 0916 they found Ewa Girl at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. She would depart at 1015.
At 1100 Benny would haul out to the east end fence line at White Plains, but departed at 1216. He would then haul out again to Wind Sock at 1244. He departed that location at 1549, and hauled out again to the east end fence at White Plains at 1619, only to depart at 1625.

Team Billand found Irma again at Oneula Place in Ewa Beach at 1643.

 (Karen Rohter reported in from Turtle Bay to say  "Saw no seals up there today- must be gathering somewhere for a full moon tryst! No fishermen, either. A half dozen surfers and a jet skier got an advanced start on the weekend.")



 Irma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where, oh where is Sam?