Saturday, October 2, 2010

10/1/2010 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0650 I found what would prove to be Mojo just hauling out at 3BS. It would take until 1143 to confirm the ID. The lighting allowed me to see his natural bleach on the top , left side of his head at 1020, but when he rolled and showed me his right side, upside down N21 bleach, I knew for sure that my #2 son was home for a visit. He last came to RI on 9-3-10, with lots of Molokai time in between.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0930 I found Duke just hauling out to 3BS. He would remain there all day. His D#5 molt remains at 15%.

At 0945 a swimming head would appear off shore of 3BS. When he hauled out it proved to be Buster. He moved directly to Duke, but interacted only briefly. He and Mojo had a few words, but maintained a separation of 20 ft. Mojo would begin moving to Duke, and Buster did a slow roll back to the water.

On a pa
n at 1002 I became aware of a partially visible animal moving from behind the Morning Glory left of 1BS , and moving toward the water line at the far left end. It would prove to be Sam. He had no doubt been hidden all morning. At 1032 Buster hauled out to join him.

The whole cast was still there when I departed the pier at 1500. I did a recheck of AD's, Irma's and Sandy Beach, before calling it a day, but found nobody.

Team Billand was batting zero at the end of the day. ( A day without seal is a day without sunshine.... can't believe Team Billand didn't find at least one... )

Duke Buster and Mojo
Sam and Buster
Sam


No comments: