Friday, October 8, 2010

10/8/2010 Turtle Bay Report from Auntie Karen Rohter

The first 2 pictures are of the seal betweenTurtle Bay and the kiddie pool (by 11:30 the seal at the kiddie pool was gone). Can someone get a positive ID? The white mark is on her left side. I could have sworn there was a small, indistinct mark on her right side (left side wasn't showing) when I checked her at 11:30, but when I checked her again at 3pm, the white mark was on the left. Boy, these marks have a mind of their own!

The third picture is Ua Malie in 'laid-back' repose. She hauled out at noon. No one came by during my shift. Lots of fishermen. Friday Furlough freedom?

 My guess is Lona.... or "right spot" is playing with mirrors.
 a very dry sandy Ua Malie 
Karen (Rohter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The left side natural bleach is a sure Lona (RO17) marker. If the right side is visible you will see a mid body, Cookie Cutter scar. She is an untagged animal. DB