Sunday, October 31, 2010

10/30/2010 DB Dailies

On my 0714 Spitting Cave check I found Buster, once again doing 14 minute dives.

My first look at Rabbit Island had been a bust, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0915 I found somebody hiding behind the log fronting 3BS. Ultimately, the critter would move into view and would prove to be Duke. He was the one and only RI resident today.

Team Billand reported Irma near tower #1 at White Plains at 0645. They and several others once again performed Above & Beyond duty, dealing with the usual bumper crop of the WP mob.

Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and found Kerby, Ka'ena, and I'm going to have to call an U/M. I may have to fess' up to yet another "Oooops" on this guy. He is a smallish, untagged, newly molted male. I know he is newly molted because Karen Harris got shots of him on the Waianae side trail back on 10-21-10. I called it CeeCee at the time, and it might very well be, but I'm beginning to have some doubts on that ID. This animal has a "C shaped" scar under the right fore flipper, which I can not prove on CeeCee, as well as some other small scars. As I said, this may be CeeCee, but it might be a new guy also. Hopefully Team Kenyon is going to provide some insight tomorrow.

Ka'ena
Kerby
Unidentified (maybe ceecee maybe not)




1 comment:

Keith Kenyon said...

Kerby loves that little hide-out.

:-)

We'll see if we can ID the U/M some more (heading out there in about 15 minutes)