Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/2010 Ua Malie's Map

Here's the latest map of Ua'Malie's journey... per charles although this map is a higher quality map its not necessarily accurate.  Not sure if those lines that look like she is shooting up into space, are a glitch, or her b-lining it to deeper water and heading towards the windard side.... only Ua knows...

(thank you Dr. Charles, but you may need to provide some explaination to us)... also the pup has a different sat tag than say benny and maka'iwi (4DF)...  is one more accurate than the other? 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we get more updated info of Ua Malie on a regular bases? I'm in Ohio and I can't stand the suspense of where she goes. We were there at Turtle Bay when the mom hauled out.

Donna said...

Aloha OHIO!!

I post all the information as it is available. Remember these are wild animals and now that Ua Malie is growing up she is exploring. It is common for her to go off and not be seen for a day or two.

Normally after the pups are weaned the volunteers are no longer on a schedule... We are fortunate to have volunteers still treking around the area looking for her. They send the updates when she is seen.

I appreciate your following along and I promise whenever there are updates I will post. I have been making nightly post since February 2008... Welcome to the "monk seal mania" da blog lady