Thursday, November 17, 2016

11/17/2016 DB's Dailies: J/M&A/M@Rabbit Island, Kawena&Right Spot@Kaupo Beach Park, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout, Buster@Sandy Beach, Pohaku@Secrets, Rocky@Iroquois Pt, R8HE@KoOlina, Ka'ena&Ka'ale@Ka'ena Point, RW02@Mokuleia,

Crappy lighting, shake&baked critters and rain delays made Rabbit island observations difficult. All I have to offer there is a J/M & an A/M, both with new coats, were the RI cast for today. Both departed at 1126.

 Fortunately, activities just down the road from Makai Pier made the day much more interesting. I was at the pier at 0820 when posse member Pam called with the report of “N36", “right where she was the last time” which was Kaupo Beach Park. I scurried right down to find that it was, in fact, Kawena (RH36). She was just relocating to a spot amongst the beach front rocks. I notified the Karen Banes, on the Hotline.

 I returned to Makai Pier but on a recheck of KBP with the scope at 0918 I saw a larger animal, 40 ft west of Kawena. Back I went to KBP, and lo & behold there was Right Spot (R016). I’m happy to report that she is thickening up nicely. The boney girl you’ve seen in recent shots is a thing of the past. She is putting on the tonnage and looks completely normal, and a uniform shade of green. Again, I notified the Hotline. Thank you Gayle for being there.

 On a routine Sandy Beach check from Blowhole at 1446, I found what appeared to be Gayle, and a likely looking blob at the east end of SB. When I got down there at 1554 I found that it was Gayle, and the blob was , in fact, Buster (RV08). Per Gayle, the Hotline had already been notified. Once again, Thank You Gayle for being there.  Whew !  for a moment I thought you were calling Gayle a blob... I was going to say that woman is anything but a blob LOL!  Hi Gayle, I miss you.

 At 1222 on a routine check of Lanai Lookout I found Kolohe (RW22) on the left side flats.

 At 0653 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28)at Secrets, KoOlina.

 At 1025 the Billands found Rocky (RH58) at Iroquois Point.

 R8HE was their next find, at Lagoon#4, KoOlina.

 Diane Gabriel, Lesley, Karen Turner&a guest did the End of the World trek from the west side. A Ka’ena Point they found Ka’ena (RO40)& Ka’ale (RH32) on the back beach, along with an inceasing number of albatross on the way in. Lesley also added that RW02 was near her house in Mokuleia today, departing at 1620 this afternoon.

Buster 
 J/M and A/M
 Kolohe 
Kawena
 Right Spot
right spot's green spot
Albatross
 Ka'ale and Ka'ena
 Pohaku

 Rocky
R8HE
 well hello there
 oh don't mind me...

No comments: