Thursday, September 8, 2016

9/8/2016 DB's Dailies: Right Spot@Kaupo Beach Park, U/M&Kea@Rabbit Island, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout, Pohaku@Paradise Cove, Nihoa@Guard Rails, Lei Ola@TB, RL42@Makua Cliffs

On Marilyn’s morning AD check she could not find Kawena. No further word.

 My day began with a call from HPD posse member Bobby Yee, reporting an animal at “Cockroach Bay”, across the Sea Life Park. There would follow 9 more calls, one of which was another HPD posse member advising that he was putting out “caution tape” to keep the adoring hordes at bay. At 0654 I confirmed the Right Spot (R016) ID, and advised left a message on the Hotline Voicemail. Cianna & Karen Bee got the ball rolling. I was later advised by a knowledgeable source within HMMA that leadership had decreed that no response was required. I called again about her visibility from the road, and the presence of caution tape, and was advised that someone was responding. I became aware that someone was there at 0925. She picked up the caution tape, and did outreach from0925 until 1036. I didn’t see anyone in the afternoon but on a 1730 check I saw 2 HMMA people there with Right Spot.

 At 1055 I found what would prove to be an A/M, Unknown and Kea (RN46) just hauling out of Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. Kea would remain at Rocky Right Beach, while the Unknown would relocate to the left rock flats, and remain an Unknown. Both were very green. I’m certain that my J/U of the last few days was in fact Kea. Today his signature RFF NB was visible.

 At 1333 I found Kolohe (RW22) at Lanai Lookout Flats.

 No news from OCC, but I presume Kaiwi & Rocky are probably still there???

 Team Billand would report Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove at 0445. No further word.

 At 0756 the Billands found Nihoa (R912) at Maili Guard Rails.

At 1152 a Tracy text advised that she had vaccinated Nihoa.

 At 1056 a Colleen text advised that “a baby seal” had just swum by at Diamond Head home. New coat and tiny were the only ID markers. Weaners Kala or Kawena are a possibility (don’t know if Kawena was at AD or not today), but “tiny” & “new coat” say RG32 to me, but ???????

 At 1412 Team Billand found RL42 at Makua Cliffs.

Diane G spent the day with Lei Ola (RH48) at the Keiki Pool and has provided the usual excellent shots.
Right Spot
 looks like a game of tic-tac-toe
 new marks
 UM and Kea 
 Kolohe
 photo from instagram
Nihoa
 Pohaku
 RL42
Lei Ola
 She is too cute... and not to mention silly!

No comments: