Tuesday, September 6, 2016

9/6/2016 DB'S Dailies:Kawena@AD, U/M@Rabbit Island, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout, Pohaku&Benny@Paradise Cove, Kerby&Nihoa@Guard Rails, RL42@Makua Cliffs, RIP@20Min, Holokai@Kuilima, Lei Ola@Keiki Pool,

Marilyn could not find Kawena on her morning trek. Apparently, per Marilyn , Gayle looked all day but did not find her. At 1652 Marilyn found Kawena (RH36) leisurely foraging in a tide pool, 50 yds, east of the wall. She had cucumber goop hanging on her face.

 I got to Makai Pier at 0830 to find nobody home. When I returned at 1058 I found that the same unknown animal with a old coat & algae, was once again on the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. Though I still don’t have an ID, it was good enough to roll over so I could see a juvenile male belly.

 Posse member Kathy Segum called at 0952 with the report of an animal at the Lanai Lookout Flats. When I arrived at 1030 I confirmed the Kolohe (RW22)(1030) ID.

 Team Billand called at 0444 with the report of Pohaku (RO28), alone , at Paradise Cove.

 Apparently, Nihoa (R912)&Kerby(RW08) were at Maili Guard Rails. Of course, I knew nothing about that until , thank God, Diane Gabriel, who was on the Hotline today, texted me the shots from an HMMA source, asking if I could ID the animal with Nihoa. It would prove to be Kerby (RW08). Thank you Diane !!

 Team Billand would later stop by Guard Rails and advised that they had gotten a Kerby tag shot.

 At 1430 the Billands reported RL42 at Makua Cliffs.

 At 1505 Barbara reported RIP (RR70) at the 20Min mark on the west side KP trail.

 I heard nothing else from any source today. I thought Instagram might provide some insight to the happenings at Kaimana/OCC, but alas nothing so far.

 U/M
 Kolohe 
 Kawena
 maybe she over did it on her sea cucumber diet
 Sunset at ADs
Holokai
 little greenie
 Lei Ola
 the masked seal....she's getting ready for halloween


No comments: