Saturday, May 7, 2016

5/7/2016 DB's Dailies: Right Spot@Sandy Beach, Sadie&Pup, RM38@Rabbit Island, Pohaku@CIP, Benny@Kaimana, RI37@3 Tables

It was a pretty junk day out there, but I’m confident the seals found it comfortable. At 0600 I found Right Spot (R016) snoozin’ in the rain at the east end of Sandy Beach. My derelict “permanent resident” posse said she arrived at 0430. I cordoned her off and she remains. Malahos to Gayle for tending to the signs and rope as the tide began to rise, while I made my airport run. The missus is home.

 Rabbit Island was impossible on my first pass, but when I got back at 0910 I could at least see the island (kinda’/sorta’). Sadie&Pup(D#10)(RB12) were in the water until 1045 when they finally hauled out for a feed and a snooze at the left end.

 I found what would turn out to be RM38 up in the Morning Glory, 80 ft right of 3BS. He never did move down, but thankfully I was able to see his posterior,dorsal abscess.

 Team Billand called at 0707 to advise that they had found Pohaku (R016) foraging off shore of Campbell Industrial Park.

 A 1315 call from Ocean Safety advised of an U/U at 2H (Kaimana Beach). Colleen called at 1353 confirming the Benny (RE74) ID. Christian Young checked in with a shot of Benny from the upper floors of one of the condos. Karen Rohter advised that Benny departed at 1731.

 A Dana text at 1731 advised that RI37 was at 3 Tables on the North Shore today.

 On a routine purusal of YouTube this afternoon I found footage from yesterday or today taken by a Kauai dive tour, of RK36 off Lehua Rock.



      

Right Spot
Benny 
 Pohaku

No comments: