Friday, May 6, 2016

5/6/2016 DB's Dailies: Sadie&Pup, RM38,Nani&U/M Rabbit Island, Right Spot@Sandy Beach, Kaiwi@Kokee Flats, Benny@Paradise Cove, U/U@3Tables, Pohaku@CIP

At 0530 I found Right Spot (R016), exactly where I’d left her last night at Sandy Beach. I redid the rope and continued on the adventure. On my 3rd Sandy Beach check, at 0743, I discovered that she had departed. I picked up the equipment and continued on.

 At 0635 I found Sadie & Pup (D#9)(RB12), just entering the water 50 ft left of IBS. This would be the first of two swim sessions today. The kid is lovin’ the water. On the round two swim Sadie kept trying to haul out but the kid wasn’t goin’ for that, staying in the water. Mom had no choice but to join the pup.

 Upon my return to Makai Pier at 0815 I found Mom&Pup still in the water, and an animal that would later prove to be Nani (RK60) in the Morning Glory fronting 3BS. She would later be joined by RM38 at 0950.

 On a pan at 0856 I discovered what would remain an U/M , partially visible at Seal Rock Inlet. He would later galumph down to attempt to join Nani & RM38. He and M38 had serious words, and the U/M opted for moving off a safe distance for the day, while RM38 maintained his blocking position, not allowing access to Nani.

 At 1035 Gayle reported Kaiwi (RK96) at the Kokee Flats, much closer to the access trail than usual. Thank You Gayle & Kaiwi !

 At 0539 Team Billand called to advise that security at Paradise Cove had called , reporting an animal. AT 0550 they confirmed the Benny (RE74) ID. He would depart, per Melina , ate 1045.

 A Dana text at 0637 advised of an animal at 3 Tables, on the North Shore. Awaiting further word.

 At 1042 Team Billand called to advise that Pohaku (RO28) was foraging off shore of Campbell Industrial Park.

 Last but not least, Happy 11th Birthday to my #3 son, Buster (RV08).


 Nani, RM38 and U/M
 Sadie and Pup 
Kaiwi at Kokee Flats
Benny at Paradise Cove
 laid back Benny
 Pohaku at Campbells

No comments: