Thursday, May 12, 2016

5/12/2016 DB's Dailies: Right Spot@Sandy Beach, Sadie&Pup@Rabbit Island, Cass@Spitting Cave, Kolohe@Toilet Bowl, HB, Pohaku@Paradise Cove, UU@Off Shore Reef Runway, Benny@Molokai

Right Spot (R016) was waiting for me at the east end of Sandy Beach when I arrived at 0556. My “permanent resident” posse said she arrived at 0300. She would depart of her own volition at 1030. 

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0643 Sadie&Pup(D#15)(RB12) were in for a swim session at the far left end. They were still in the water when I got back at 0807, but hauled out for a feed and a snooze at 0840. They were the only RI residents today.

 Gayle called at 1021 with the report of Cass (RG06) foraging at Spitting Cave. She saw a few ups, and then Cass disappeared.

 At 1259 Jack (At The Bay) called with the report of an animal at Toilet Bowl, Hanauma Bay. When I got down there at 1320 I found Kolohe (RW22). Its grrreat to have Jack back at the Bay. It hasn’t been the same without him !!

 The Billands got a Dana call about somebody at Paradise Cove at 0922, but were at the Reef Runway at the time. When they arrived at 1219 they confirmed the Pohaku (RO28) ID. Mahalos to Laura Lynn & Zuly !

 Team Billand found a foraging animal well off shore of the Reef Runway, and unfortunately the shots didn’t provide enough info, since the animal was too far out.

 The highlight of the day for me came with a call from Diane Pike at 1217. “Do you have an E76 ?” Yep !!! Now I know where Benny (RE74) went after his Kaimana stay a few days ago. When he didn’t show up out my way the next day, I thought Molokai was a possibility. Diane made my day !! 

A Dana text at 1329 brought word of a animal at the Beach Rd end of Diamond Head. Awaiting further word.

 Sadie and PO2 day 15
 Cass
 Kolohe at Toilet Bowl
 Right Spot looking quite comfortable....
Benny hanging out on Molokai
 Pohaku at paradise cove... interesting perspective... the person looks pretty tiny compared to Pohaku

1 comment:

b said...

Miss Pohaku is due real soon, so we are getting nervous in trying to educate folks, making sure they keep back of her, SO SHE CAN GET HER REST.

I was shocked to see her on the rocks...I wish I had been there to see her get up there.

She been at Campbells for days...glad she got some rest and was out of the water. Too bad she wasnt on the soft sand.

I hope she goes to Kauai as always in the past years. I think it was remarkable her pup of 2013 showed up at Kaena Pt. Glad he is doing well..he is a cutie per the blog shots.

Hoping Pohaku gives birth to a FEMALE PUP this time...THINK GIRL !!

Thanks to all who helped at KoOlina yesterday....

Anyone seen RK72??????? Hope he is ok. I miss finding that boy. He is nearly 5, guess those hormones are kicking in...where ever he is, hope he lives a good long life.

And look at Mr Benny, ON MOLOKAI. No wonder we cant find him anywhere. I love it when another Island tells us where our Oahu seals are. THANKS MISS DIANE!!!