Wednesday, May 4, 2016

5/4/2016 DB's Dailies: Sadie&Pup, RM38@Rabbit Island, Pohaku@CIP, RIP@Maili Point

An overcast & rainy Oahu day made Rabbit Island observations a challenge as well as limiting access to other locations, but the truly hardcore were out there, rain,sleet, snow, whatevers ! Thanks to all. 

At 0628 I found Sadie&Pup, barely visible, just left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier atd 0752, I saw only a trail leading to the water line. Lo & Behold as I look down to the water below that trail I found Sadie & Pup (RB12) in the water for the first observed water session. Both Mom&Pup were in the water, with Mom barely deep enough to submerge, but the pup was definitely in swimmable water. I could see very little of them in the choppy water conditions. They would haul out for the day at 0848. Thereafter it was snooze & feed.

 At 0752 I found what would prove to be RM38 at Seal Rock Inlet. ID was by his dorsal abscess and his left side natural bleach.

 Team Billand reported a foraging Pohaku (RO28) off shore of Campbell Industrial Park at 0716.

 At 0953 they found RIP (RR70) at Maili Point. He would depart at 1102.

Sadie and Pup 
Pohaku
 Rip

No comments: