Friday, May 3, 2013

5-3-2013 DB's Dailies: Duke,RK36&Kainoa@RI, Kolohe&Kaiwi@SC, Benny@WSK&WP, R018@WP, RB24@L#3 KoOlina, KC@Kualoa BP


At 0630 I found Duke (RA12) on the left end rock flats of Rabbit Island.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0830 I found that Kainoa (RN04) had joined the cast, snoozin' on the beach at the far left end of RI.

At 0849, what would prove to be RK36 hauled out to the left end flats to join Duke. It would take 3 hours but I finally got a look at his new N36 bleach. Unfortunately, it didn't come across on the shots. All would remain the rest of the day.

Gayle had called to advise that at 0740 she'd gotten a single glimpse of an U/U at the big rock, Spitting Cave. I did a recheck of Spitting Cave at 1251 and found Kolohe (RW22) for a single up (he was in travel mode), and Kaiwi (RK96) at SC. Kaiwi remained doing 7-8 minute dives.

Team Billand checked in at 0748 to report an overnighted Benny (RE74) at Wind Sock. They would call again at 1151 to advise that Benny had relocated to #1707, White Plains.

At 0932 the Billands reported Haupu (RB24) at Lagoon#3. Dana advised of her departure at 1700.

Dera checked in at 1555 to advise of a DOCARE call reporting "N14", KC (RK28) at Kualoa Beach Park . The reporting officer advised that KC was being harassed by a chicken (boy I wish I had that shot!). Okay after all these years of posting the blog..... I have to say this one takes the cake. I agree DB I'd pay the price of admission to see this.... I honestly was laughing out loud while reading this.  Just when you think things might become routine.... a chicken enters the picture.

At 1610 Team Billand advised that R018 had just arrived to join Benny at #1707, WP.

Also at 1610 the advised of an animal on the Ewa Beach side of the fence line at WP. At 1622 it would prove to be Irma (R010).

Speaking of Irma, last ,but most definitely not least, a HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY to my 1st born son, RIP (RR70) !!! For any Newbies out there, RIP was the original Rabbit Island Pup, hence the name RIP. Thank You Mama Irma !!!!

 Kaiwi 
 flipper flap 
 happy 10th birthday Rip ( Rabbit Island Pup ) back in 2003
 ONE guess who this is????
 Of course it's Benny!
 Ko'olina Diane hanging out with RB24.... Diane sent me some movie footage... but I wasn't able to load it on the blog (technical limitation on my part). Diane if you load it on youtube I can embed it on the blog... thanks for sharing!!!
 RB24 resting peacefully 
 Irma... hanging out with the boyz while they fishing
 R018 at white plains!
 Look Ma I can read!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Happy Birthday RIP :)