Sunday, May 26, 2013

5-26-2013 DB's Dailies:Kainoa&Nani@RI, Benny@SB, Irma&Buster@KK, Duke@SC, Ewa Girl&Pup@RR, M&M@WP, 2AW@Tracks, R5AY@Hauula, Buster@SB

At 0530 I found Kimo and Benny (RE74) waiting for me at Sandy Beach. We redid the cordon. Benny would depart of his own volition at 0833.

At 0910 Marilyn found Irma (R010) at Irma's Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock.

At 1000 I found Kainoa (RN04) just hauling out 50 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. He would remain until 1350. He entered the water, and I did not see him again today.
At 1149 Gayle called to advise that Buster (RV08) was now with Irma at Irma's Grotto.

At 1250 Gayle reported Duke (RA12) doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

My fishermen posse at Makai Pier brought my attention to a swimming seal at the pier, at 1159. I saw it just briefly behind the breakwater, and again 100 yds off the pier, headed in a Rabbit Island direction. No ID was possible, but all pier sightings of late have been Nani.
At 1334 Nani (RK60) hauled out to 3BS on Rabbit Island.

At 1407 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at Buster Flats, on the east side of Lanai Lookout.

At 1812 an unknown posse member called with the report of a newly arrived animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived I found Buster (RV08). I cordoned him off and remained until he departed at 1903.

At 1129 Team Billand called to report that they had just spoken with Reef Runway posse member, Eileen. She advised that Ewa Girl (RS00) and pup were at the RR.

At 1407 the Billands reported M&M fronting #1706, White Plains. She was gone when the checked at 1443.

At 1552 they found 2AW at Tracks.

At 1659 Dana called to advise that R5AY had been sighted in Hauula.

Ewa Beach posse member Colin Perry sent a Rocky photo from yesterday at 91-215 Ewa Beach Rd.

 Benny early morning at Sandy's 
This shot gets best moonlit seal shot 
 Benny looking all cute and innocent.... NOT!
 This is best seal trail shot... even though Benny left a load in his tracks!
  Irma at Kokee flats
 Irma and Buster at Kokee Flats
 
 Buster now at Sandy's
 Kaiwi at Buster Flats
 MM at white plains
 sweet and silly
 2AW at tracks 
Rocky at Ewa Beach from Saturday 5/25

No comments: