Wednesday, May 29, 2013

5-29-2013 DB's Dailies:Kainoa & U/U @ RI, Buster @ KK

At 0920 I became aware that one of the rocks to the right of 1BS on Rabbit Island was , in fact, Kainoa (RN04). He had no doubt been there since my arrival for R#2 at 0818, and I just failed to see him. He would enter the water at 1249, and I did not see him again.

On a pan at 1022 I got just a glimpse of the sliver of an animal in Seal Rock Inlets. Two trips to the Makapuu Overview showed that the animal could only be seen from MO. It was completely invisible of the pier. Size and color suggested a sub-adult animal, but that is as close as I can come.
At 1138 Gayle called with the report of Buster (RV08) wishin' & hopin' for Irma at Irma's Grotto, but once again both he and I were skunked on the Irma Quest. Posse member Christian called at 1353 to advise that Buster was still there.

The Billands called at 0818 to advise that one of their posse had reported an animal at White Plains , between Tower #2 and #1708. Laurie would respond. She advised that the animal departed at 1249. When Laurie looked at her photos she advised the Billands that it was RIP (RR70). Awaiting photos.

At 1317 Team Billand found Kermit (R012) at Kermit's Reef.

The Billands are attending the Pier #38 meeting tonight, so check the blog in the morning for their shots. Sorry folks... will have to wait until tomorrow.... this blog lady been working all day... and still without internet at the house.... time for me to lock the doors at the Lanikai General Store and head home.  OOPS I lied!

 Buster at Kokee flats 
 Rip at White Plains 
Gives a whole new meaning to blowing bubbles

No comments: