Sunday, June 7, 2009

DB Post Sunday 6/7/2009

It was a wild and wooly, rough and windy day in the Rabbit Island area so the critters and I didn't have any bad guys to worry about today. I found Mom and the kid (D#31) doing a swim on my first Rabbit Island look at 0700. It would be the first of 3 swims and 3 feeds that I would observe today.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0856 I found Sadie just moving down from behind the Morning Glory, 80 ft left of 1BS, at the left end. I had not seen her on my first check. She would move down to the incline, just above the water line.

At 0902 Buster hauled out 20 ft left of 1BS, and move immediately to join Sadie. They interacted for a few minutes, and then with Sadie leading the way, they both entered the water. I immediately lost them in the rough conditions, and did not see them again today.

Team Billand checked in late in the day to say they had found nobody in the SW quadrant, and that was the only call I got today .

No comments: