Sunday, June 7, 2009

DB Post Saturday 6/6/2009

The Rabbit Island cast was Ewa Girl & Pup (D#30). They had the place all to themselves with the exception of a short visit by 2 bad guys (1 male/1 female) in an orange kayak . Fortunately , the male stopped at a point 25 ft or so from EG&P. Despite the usual call to DOCARE, there was once again, no response. Sad !!!

I got a call from the Billands (on Maui), at 0845, saying that one of their sub-posse persons (Kathy w/ a K), had reported an animal at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. I tried to get an ID by phone, but no luck. I drove over and confirmed the Irma ID at 1055. A check of all other SW quadrant spots, was a bust.

Colleen Heyer called at 0815 to report Rocky near the "grafitti bunker" at Diamond Head.

At 1347 I recieved a call from Schofield, and seconds later from Thea, reporting that R5AY had given birth on Kauai !!!

The R5AY news would have been the highlight of my day, no doubt, but a late in the day email, that I received from Colleen, blew even that news outta' the water. Her new sign is absolutely the the neatest thing EVER !!

I mentioned in yesterday's daily that I'd spent the morning with 2 outstanding interns. Dominique (in the hat), and Elana. I sincerely hope that their media careers move up from this point, but making it to "da' blog" is a good first step . Aloha, DB

3 comments:

val said...

Aloha,
That is one GREAT sign. They should make LOTS more.
Good job.

Laura said...

WONderful sign!
Great idea and yes, we should have lots more. It gets the point across clearly and quickly to all ages in a positive way, even from a distance. In tandem with the super spiffy new informational signs, more of these would be FABU!!

Barbara said...

I like your sign Colleen. It is simple, friendly, cute. I'll take five please, that will reach the children easily and make the adults, smile and get the hint.Wish that sign was at the Conference last week. It would have been a hit!!!