Tuesday, June 30, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 6/30/2009

The Rabbit Island cast was "deja vu all over again" with M&M and pup at 3BS, and Duke with Sadie on the left end rock flats . The pup got wet in a tide pool right at the water line, but there was on other water activity on D#5.

On my first look at the island from Makai Pier I saw two white bellies tucked into a depression at the left end rock flats. When they came out into full view at 0950 it proved to be Duke and sister Sadie. I saw only snooze mode, with no interaction during the observation period.

On my Spitting Cave check at 0722 I found Irma doing 10 to 12 minute dives.

Rachel checked in from Diamond Head at 1400 to advise that she'd found Rocky at her usual spot below the middle overlook at 1100, and put up the stuff. Thank You Rocky... that is an infinitely better haul out spot than Ft. DeRussy !!

No comments: