Friday, June 5, 2009

DB Post Friday 6/5/2009

I was lucky enough to spend the morning with office interns, Elana and Dominique on my rounds. Ewa Girl and Pup was our only find for the morning, however when I got back to Makai Pier in the afternoon,at 1315, I found that Buster had joined the cast, though briefly. He entered the water at 1337 and I did not see him again today.

Team Billand got a call from sub-posse person Kathy (w/ a K) reporting an animal at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. I just could not get there, but I put my dollars on Kermit or Irma (probably Irma).

Thea called at 1320 with the report of an animal at Diamond Head. Posse person , Rachel confirmed the Rocky ID at 1341.

Thea called at 1240 with the 4 most wonderful words an Oahu Monk Seal person could hear .... "R5AY is on KAUAI" !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuu !!!!!! No pup yet, but it oughta' be any second now.

1 comment:

Dana Jones said...

I'm not too sure I'm thrilled about R5AY being on Kauai. I would feel much better if she were here with her Auntie's and Uncles watching over her without a wild man with a gun on the loose. Please, you wonderful wonderful volunteers and professionals in Kauai, take care of her and the pup and be safe.
Auntie Dana