Saturday, June 20, 2009

DB Post Saturday 6/20/2009

On my first look at Rabbit Island, at 0640 , I could see Ewa Girl & Duke doing their morning swim, the first of 4 observed swims, and 4 observed feeds for today (D#44).

Also at 0640 I found Kolohe exactly where I'd left him yesterday, 90 ft right of 3BS. He would remain there all day.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0834, I found that M&M had joined the cast at the left end of the beach. She would remain there all day, with no hassles from EG.

At 0934 Sadie would emerge from her hiding spot, behind the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. She would move down and enter the water at 1000.

At 1034, Team Billand and I would observe a small, swimming animal moving from left to right passing the lanai at the pier, approximately 100 ft off the lanai. I'm reasonably sure that I saw Sadie's bald (molting) head on two of the 3 sightings as she went by, but I'm not 100% sure of those observations.

Sadie would reappear at Rabbit Island at 1246, at the right end of the beach , where she remained for the rest of the day. Her molt had progressed to a conservative 20% by end of day.

Colleen checked in at 1120 to advise that Rocky had, once again, overnighted at Diamond Head.
















No comments: