Sunday, June 28, 2009

DB Post Sunday 6/28/2009

It's 2230 and I'm just doing the dailies. It has been a verrrrrry long day. At 0638 , from MO I found M&M with pup, once again at the 3BS, on Rabbit Island. The rest of today's Rabbit Island cast were Sadie, at the left end of the beach, and Duke who cruised in the shallows from 3BS to a point approximately 120 ft right of 3BS, before swimming back to the left, and hauling out to the Mid, Middle Cliff area (MMC) at 1145.

On my 3rd check of Irma's at 0738, I found Irma. She was still there when I picked up the rope and left the signs at 2038.

A call from Tracy at 1223 advised of an animal in Waikiki, at Ft DeRussy beach. Don, Becky and Barbara were there ahead of the Billands and then myself. The Billands confirmed that it was Rocky. She apparently hauled out around 1215 or so and the lifeguards put out cones. The Billands put up signs and rope when they arrived. Barbara Allen,Dominique & Robert and Jessica performed well above, Above & Beyond, remaining well into the night. I last had contact with them at 2130 and they and Rocky were still there. I advised them to leave the cones and signs put pick up the rope (entanglement issues), and get out of there.

I had left Waikiki at 1830 to return to deal with Irma . Irma was still there at 2038 when I picked up the rope, and left signs around her, and called it a day.

No comments: