Saturday, June 27, 2009

DB Post Saturday 6/27/2009

It was a busy little day in the SE quadrant. On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0700, I found M&M with pup, at 3BS. They would remain there all day, with lots of feeds and no water time on D#2. Also at 0700 I could see what would prove to be M38, and Kolohe , close together 50 ft right of Mom and pup. When I got back later I found that Sadie had joined the boys at that location. All would remain there all day.

At 0754 I found Buster at Spitting Cave, doing 8 minute dives. This was his 2nd day feeding there.

On my 3rd check of Kaupo Beach Park (KBP) I made a fascinating discovery. I found Irma , 40 ft off shore at the pier end of the park, busily working on eating a turtle. It appeared to be small to medium sized , and very much dead. I'm not sure if there was a shell, but it was recognizeable as a turtle. My shots suck, but an acquaintance assured me he had good shots. I have not recieved them as of this writing. At 1133 Irma would haul out to the beach, a couple of hundred feet pier side of the beach park. I went down an put up signs. She was still there at 1600. I'll return a dusk to check her status. There was only 1 idiot in her life today.

From the lanai at Makai Pier I could keep an eye on both Rabbit Island and Irma. The only other action at RI was Duke finally hauling out at 1547 to 3BS.

Rachel called at 1437 to report that Rocky was just hauling out at DH. She sent photos of a nearly naked Rocky.

No comments: