Friday, June 19, 2009

DB Post Friday 6/19/2009

It was a busy little day on Rabbit Island. Ewa Girl & Duke began my day at 0644, snoozin' in the Morning Glory left of 1BS, and did 3 swims and 4 feeds through the observation period.

Also at 0644 I could see a partially visible animal near the cliff, left of 1BS. When he moved down to entered the water, I could see that it was Buster. It was not until 1210 that I discovered that Buster had not been alone at the cliff. Sadie moved down from the same location, and moved to the water line to cool off. As she rolled around I could see that she has begun her molt. Her face and the top of her head are clean, as is a midline strip on her chest and upper abdomen. I didn't have much time to check her out. Ewa Girl & Duke were swimming off shore of Sadie, and Ewa Girl charged and ran her off.

Continuing my 0644 look at RI, I found a partially visible animal high up in the grass, 90 ft right of 3BS. When he moved down to cool off I got the Kolohe ID. He would remain there all day.

At 1407 my chunky friend , M&M hauled out 80 ft left of 1BS. Later in the afternoon when Ewa Girl and Duke hauled out near her, she got some hassle from Ewa Girl, but moved off approximately 35 ft away and as of my departure from Makai Pier at 1600 they were coexisting .

No comments: