Thursday, June 4, 2009

DB Post Thursday 6/4/2009

On my first look at Rabbit Island , at 0650, I found Ewa Girl and Pup doing a swim session off shore of the left end of the island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1150, they were on the beach at the left end, in snooze mode. They would do another swim at 1224, and then did a feed after hauling out at 1328. They had the place all to themselves today.

I decided to do a SW quadrant check, and covered all the usual spots from Ewa Beach through White Plains, Kalaeloa, Nimitz Beach, and Campbell Industrial Park. It was 120+ miles of driving, and a complete bust. I found nobody.

Tracy called around 1100 with the report of a swimming animal off shore of the Hilton Hawaiian Village, in Waikiki. Since I was well away from civilization at the time, she said she would send a Waikiki volunteer, and let me know if there was a haul out. I never heard anymore on the subject. Rocky is the only animal to ever haul out at that location, but of course it could have been anybody. Aloha, DB

No comments: