Monday, June 29, 2009

DB Post Monday 6/29/2009

I was on the road at 0500, first stopping to pick up the Irma stuff at Irma's, and then continuing on to Ft. DeRussy in Waikiki. At 0535 I found Rocky , still in last nights location. The cones and signs were still in place so I simply restrung the rope. Thankfully, she departed at 0903.

From MO at 1022 I found M&M and pup near the water line at 3BS, on Rabbit Island. When I got to MP I could see that the pup was playing in a tide pool, with Mom close by.

Also at 1144 I found what would prove to be Duke and older sister Sadie, together on the rock flats at the left end of the beach. Duke appeared to be chasing small prey items in the tide pools . This is the first time I've seen Duke interacting with any other animal .

Barbara Billand and her male pup did the Ka'ena Point trek day, and found Kerby & Benny together along the Waianae side trail, and BG & Yoda on "the runway" at the point.

No comments: