Friday, April 5, 2019

April 5, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

My first find this morning was "Lady" hauled out at 10 Mnts Beach. I took many photos and compared them to my files. It's definitely her. Her last haul out was on 03-14-19. She went into the water and came back out 5 minutes later further down the beach.

Next in the NARS I found a diner plate size turtle cornered on some reefs. I sat and waited for a while and as a big set rolled in it moved around. Turtle wasn't stuck and could move freely so I just left it in peace.

RO40 "Ka'ena" was hauled out at the entrance of his pool

As I got to Back Beach I saw RR70 "RIP" near the waterline.
From there I looked back to Main Beach and saw a young seal but not "Puna" or "Napua", saw a female bellie then got the tags. Surprise it was young RJ58 "Kaimana" visiting us at the point.
R3CU was in the Main Pool doing the hipo. Managed to get a water tag shot, but had already IDed him by pit scar on back and NB bellow it.   More soon - perhaps from another rock ðŸŒº



No comments: