Sunday, April 14, 2019

April 13, 2019 A Hui Hou Miss Becky

Today Dana released her mom to the ocean in Waikiki where she lived for 25 years.  I would like to extend my sincerest thoughts of support to Dana and family.  I want to let our readers know that Miss Becky was a big contributor watching over the Hawaiian monk seals, as well as the volunteer organizations that were created. 

Back in the day Miss Becky would spend hours on the beaches watching over such critters and doing outreach, as Benny, Irma, Rocky and many others that hauled out in Waikiki.  I met her once hanging out with Benny, she became Becky, my Benny Beach Buddy.

It goes without saying I appreciate all the time that Miss Becky spent caring about the seals! AND that when I heard Rocky showed up today, well it's just a perfect way to say goodbye to Miss Becky! 

 Thank you Rocky for showing up today

1 comment:

b said...

God Bless you Dana and Family....Miss Becky was a lovely Lady whom we met on shore with a seal.

Sometimes she would email me with the cutest things about a seal she sat with, I enjoyed her .... sweet strong lady, independent.

we last saw her in Walmart, didnt recognize her..but she knew US..and gave us big hugs.

Glad Rocky showed up..that is remarkable...so now we all know, she be watching for the seals from her spot in HEAVEN.

REST IN PEACE SWEET LADY BECKY!!!!!! Hugs to you Miss Dana.