Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 30, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a beautiful dawn so I went down early with my mug of coffee to enjoy a beach stroll. Just as I was about to step down from our path I saw 2 seals right in front of me near the waterline.
I did my walk. Looked for R303 "BG" but there was only her trail into the water at high tide. So I went back home to get camera and phone. The overnighted duo were RG40 "Holokai" and RK36 "Kauai Kolohe".
On our way out we stopped to go check on a beautiful BIG turtle hauled out at CE Pt, that isn't usual. As I was walking down the beach it made it's way into the water - it was the size of "Lady" but I've never seen her elsewhere than 10Mnts Beach.
We came back in the late afternoon and I went down to watch the sunset, the boys were still hanging around in the exact same spots. I sat and watched them wake up slowly, it started with "Holokai" doing an enormous sneeze that woke "K.Kolohe" up. They tossed and turned, made it to the waterline and rolled into the water. They played a little then left. Not into the sunset but towards the North Shore side.   More tomorrow ðŸŒº


No comments: