Tuesday, July 3, 2018

7/3/2018 Monk Seal Dailies (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Day started with a big male seal near the Big Camp site on Lyman's side. Nico & new SM from HMAR were there. Light was poor, so I took pics to check scars on a big screen. I was going for "Ka'ena" or "KKolohe".
On my way back from the point I checked again and was able to confirm the U/M as RK36 "Kauai Kolohe" by his tag 4DJ - as well as is scars.

At the Play Pen a weaner was hauled out sleeping near a rock. On my way back I was able to ID him as RK88 "Puna" (M) D66.
Little RK40 "Napua" (F) D60 had been MIA so I did the Keiki Cove combing and found her tucked in one of them.

At the Mokuleia side of 10Mnts Beach I found RG40 "Holokai" with all his instruments on his back - he was still there on my way back.

On the Runway @ KPt RO40 "Ka'ena" was hauled out sleeping.

From the top of the hill I saw an unusual white rock, turns out it was a belly that belongs to RN30 (M) the little Kauai kid. He does find different places to haul out.

On Back Beach, following wallows and trails I found RW02 "PVKauai" sleeping near the waterline.

Another beautiful, busy and 7 seals day in Hawaii Nei ðŸŒº


No comments: