Wednesday, July 11, 2018

7/11/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

I went down @ 7am to do gate change then headed out to 10 Couldn't be a better timing.
RG40 "Holokai" & R330 "Squinty" were hauled out on the flat reefs on 10Mnts Beach - tide was still very low.
Holokai started moving away and Squinty tried to follow but wasn't very welcome. I'm always pleased to see Squinty back
I relocated some signs on the beach and informed the Hotline

At the PlayPen I met with posse fisherman Brian, we found RK88 "Puna" (M) D74 in one of the Keiki Coves moving around to settle himself. The great photo was taken with a zoom and then cropped / edited. I posted the following photo to show that he did settle down.

RK40 "Napua" (F) D68 was hauled out on the beach pass the Big Camping cove - she'll be moving soon with the tide coming up.
Although I saw several big dog paw trails I didn't see any dogs around.  Aloha πŸŒΊ

No comments: